From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: December 7 – December 11, 2015
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS (Past week)
Richard Smith- 14CR0411 (Robbery 1 [Two Counts], Assault in the Third Degree [Three Counts], Assault in the Fourth Degree, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree).
- Mr. Smith (6/04/81) was found guilty after a trial by jury of perpetrating a 12/13/13 holdup around the 700 block of Muhammad Ali near Armory. The defendant stopped two victims and demanded cash from them. He punched one victim in the face and then told the second victim that he was armed with a gun and demanded money. The defendant’s sentence will be 15 (fifteen) years. Alex Gaddis and Kaleb Noblett are the prosecutors.
Bradley H. Hanlon- 15CR3173 (Murder)
- Mr. Hanlon (DOB 9/05/84) has been indicted in connection with causing the death of an infant child. The grand jury bond stands at $250,000. The case will be arraigned on Monday, December 7 at 3:00 in Division 12. Chris Foster is the prosecutor.
Jarrell Fletcher and Lionel Fletcher- 15CR3156 (Assault 1 [Both])
- The brothers (11/19/00) have been indicted in connection with the June 2, 2015 severe beating of a homeless man. Their adult co-defendant has been previously indicted for the same assault. The case will be arraigned on Monday, December 7 at 3:30 in Division 13. Critt Cunningham is the prosecutor.
Cornelius Miller- 15CR2387 (Rape in the First Degree [Two Counts], Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Miller (DOB 4/8/59) has been indicted for two sexual assaults that occurred on August 21, 2015 at Louisville Memorial Gardens Cemetery and on September 1, 2015 at Bethany Lane Cemetery. A pretrial conference is scheduled for December 9 at 9:45 a.m. in Division 5. Kristi Gray is the prosecutor.
Guy Allen and Eugene Mitchell- 14CR0114 (Murder, Rape in the First Degree, Sodomy in the First Degree)
- Mr. Allen (DOB 9/13/77) and Mr. Mitchell (DOB 12/17/57) are charged with the sexual assault and murder of Sheila Devine that occurred on November 12, 2013. This matter is scheduled for a pretrial conference on Dec 9, 2015 at 9:15 in division 2. Kristi Gray is the prosecutor.
Joshua Johnson- 13CR1007 (Sodomy in the First Degree [Two Counts]; Indecent Exposure; Distribution of Obscene Matter to Minors [Two Counts])
- Mr. Johnson (DOB 02/9/1987) is charged with performing oral sex on two females under the age of 12. The defendant is also charged with showing the girls his penis and pornographic materials. Trial is set in Division Two (2) on Monday, December 7, 2015 at 1:30. Courtney Straw is the prosecutor.
Tyrone Mack- 12CR0006, 12CR2032 (Murder, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Wanton Engenderment 1st Degree [2 counts])
- Mr. Tyrone Mack (DOB 08/06/1993) and Mr. Patrick Griffith (DOB 07/04/1994) are charged with the November 13, 2011, shooting where they allegedly fired shots into a car occupied by Mr. Stephon Bowman and two other individuals. Mr. Bowman died as a result of a gunshot wound to the back of his head. A jury trial for defendant Mack is scheduled to begin on Monday, December 7, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. in Division 11 (Mr. Griffith’s case has been severed and will be tried separately.) Nick Mudd and Cortney Hardin are the prosecutors.
Brian D. Edmonds – 12CR0097 (Murder [2 counts])
- Mr. Edmonds (DOB 08/05/93) is charged with the December 10, 2011 shooting deaths of Curtis Smith and Deshone Henry. Trial is tentatively scheduled to begin on Friday, December 4th, 2015 with individual voir dire (anticipated to last one week) to begin on December 7th, 2015 in Division 5 of Jefferson Circuit Court. The substantive trial is scheduled to begin December 14th, 2015. Frank Dahl and Josh Porter are the prosecutors.
Kevin Michael Boyd and Thomas Edward Davidson- 13CR3242 (Robbery in the First Degree [Fourteen Counts], Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree [Both])
- Boyd (DOB 3/12/74) and Davidson (DOB 12/11/67) were found guilty after a jury trial of fourteen (14) counts of Robbery in the First Degree. This case involved the string of fifteen (15) restaurant robberies that occurred between October 23, 2013 and December 2, 2013. The defendants were arrested in the act of robbing at gunpoint the employees of the Denny’s Restaurant located at 4030 Dutchman’s Lane on December 2, 2013. Trial began Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. in Division One of the Jefferson Circuit Court and concluded on Monday, October 5, 2015. The Jury also found each defendant guilty of being a Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree. The Jury recommended a total sentence of thirty (30) years for each defendant. Boyd and Davidson will not be eligible to see the parole board until Sentencing will occur on December 7, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. in Division One (1) of Jefferson Circuit Court. Stacy Greive and Josh Waldrop are the prosecutors.
James O’Bannon- 14CR0776 (Murder, Assault in the First Degree, Assault in the Second Degree, Wanton Endangerment, Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence 2nd offense, Possession of Marijuana and Persistent Felony Offender First Degree)
- Mr. O’Bannon (DOB 2/18/63) was convicted at trial of Murder, Assault in the First Degree, Assault in the Second Degree, Wanton Endangerment, Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence 2nd offense, Possession of Marijuana and Persistent Felony Offender First Degree for a collision that occurred on March 14, 2014 that resulted in the death of 5-month old Ivani Ingram, and caused serious injuries to other passengers in the vehicle. The jury recommended a total sentence of 25 years. This matter is scheduled for sentencing on Dec 7, 2015 at 8:45 a.m. in Division 8. Kristi Gray is the prosecutor.
Russell Mullins- 14CR2505 (Assault, Wanton Endangerment, Operating a Motor Vehicle under the Influence of Intoxicants)
- Mr. Mullins (DOB 8/6/50) entered a guilty plea to charges of Assault in the First Degree, Wanton Endangerment and Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence of Intoxicants on Oct 23, 2015. These charges stem from a collision on Sept 18, 2014 in front of the Yum Center, at which time a pregnant mother and her children were struck while in the crosswalk on W. Main Street. The recommended sentence is 15 years. This matter is scheduled for sentencing on Dec 7, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 6. Kristi Gray is the prosecutor.
Jackie Neal- 14CR2357 (Robbery in the Second Degree [5 counts], Illegal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the First Degree, and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Neal (DOB 1/28/72), was found guilty at a Jury trial on August 7, 2015, of committing multiple business robberies of Speedway Gas Stations during August 2014. Sentencing is scheduled for Monday, December 7, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. in Division One of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Mrs. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey is the prosecutor.