From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: February 15-February 19, 2016
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS (Past Week)
Eugene Baker -12cr3691 (Murder, Robbery 1st Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon [Baker only])
- Mr. Baker (DOB 3/15/85) was found guilty by jury verdict of entering the apartment of the victim, Dominic Hudson at the Brookview Apartment Complex off of St. Andrews Church Road on August 25, 2007. Baker then shot him in the back of the head causing Hudson’s death. The defendant then removed an undetermined amount of marijuana and cash from the apartment and fled by vehicle. He then disposed of the handgun used to commit the crime. A jury in January of this year previously hung as to his guilt. The second trial commenced on Tuesday, February 2, 2016, in Jefferson County Circuit Court Division 11, during the penalty phase the jury gave him 40 years. Nick Mudd and Shelly Alvey were the prosecutors.
Elgin A. Anders- 16CR0368 (Reckless Homicide)
- Mr. Anders (DOB 8/4/95), has been indicted for the January 9, 2016 death of an eight-year old. Arraignment has already occurred. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Wednesday, March 2 in Circuit Court Division 11. Christie Foster is the prosecutor.
James M. Spalding -16CR0358 (Murder, Criminal Attempt Murder, Robbery in the First Degree, Burglary in the First Degree, Criminal Attempt Burglary in the First Degree, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [Four Counts], Tampering with Physical Evidence, Fleeing and Evading Police in The First Degree, Assault in the Third Degree, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree)
- Mr. Spaulding (DOB 6/16/83) entered a Stop-n-Go Convenience store and began an altercation with employees. He then took a handgun from a bystander and shot another victim three times, killing him. Afterward, he shot at the original victim through a glass door. He fled the scene and then came a vehicle pursuit in which Mr. Spalding’s vehicle struck a LMPD vehicle. The defendant shot into the door of a house on W. Warnock St. in an attempt to make entry. Three residents were at home while this was going on. Mr. Spaulding was arraigned on Thursday, February 11, 2016 in Division 6 of Jefferson County Circuit Court. The case has been assigned a pretrial conference date of March 17, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Stacy Greive and Alex Gaddis are the prosecutors.
Michael A. Hunt Jr.- 160351 (Burglary in the First Degree, Burglary in the Second Degree, Fleeing In the Second Degree [Two Counts], Assault in the Third degree [Two Counts], Assault in the Fourth Degree, Terroristic Threatening, Violation of a Protective Order [Two Counts], Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Hunt (DOB 7/07/86) was indicted for his involvement in a December 19, 2015 burglary and EPO/DVO violation. The defendant is charged with fleeing the scene as officers arrived after shattering the front window of a house on W. Muhammad Ali. The next day officers were at the same address on separate run. Officers saw defendant and the female victim falling out of the window which was still broken from the previous burglary. The victim was trying to escape but she got dragged back into the house by the defendant. The victim yelled for help. And the defendant ran out the back door and booked it two blocks until he was apprehended by police. He then spit in officer’s face and kicked another officer in the groin at jail. He verbally threatened officers and stated that he was going to kill victim. It came to light that while he was in the victim’s house he punched and strangled her causing a cracked tooth, bruising to the neck, bloody mouth and petechial hemorrhaging to her eyes. He is currently in custody on a $100,000 bond. He will be arraigned on Monday, February 22, 2016 in Jefferson County Circuit Court Division 11 at 2:30. Courtney Straw is the Prosecutor.
Matthew P. Graves- 16CR0363 (Distribution of Matter Portraying a Sexual Performance by a Minor -16 Counts)
- Mr. Graves (DOB 06/27/77) is charged with distributing child pornography using the mobile app “KIK”. The defendant sent and received images depicting young children being sexually abused by adults. The defendant was arraigned in Circuit Court Division 10 on February 12, 2016. A pretrial conference is scheduled for March 28, 2016 at 9:00am. Molly B. Stanley is the prosecutor.
David T. Satterfield, Jr. – 14CR032 (Murder)
- Mr. Satterfield (DOB 12/28/79) is charged in connection with the August 6, 2007, death of Ms. Marcelline Vale at the Parkway Medical Center. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Wednesday, February 17, 2016, at 8:45 a.m. in Division Nine of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryan Olberding is the prosecutor.
Ashish Ashok Parekh- 15CR2667 (Unlawful Use of Electronic Means to Induce a Minor to Engage In Sexual or Other Prohibited Activities)
- Mr. Parekh (DOB 4/22/82), is charged with one count of Unlawful Use of Electronic Means to Induce a Minor to Engage In Sexual or Other Prohibited Activities. Mr. Parekh allegedly answered a Craig’s List advertisement from a person he believed to be a 15 year old girl. He communicated with her electronically over several days, including through the use of the Kik messenger app. He later arranged to meet her for sexual contact. The person with whom he had been communicating was actually an investigator with the Attorney General’s Office. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Thursday, February 19th at 8:45 am in Div. 9. Adrienne Henderson is the prosecutor.
James Morris- 15CR0411 (Murder, Criminal Attempt Murder)
- James Morris (DOB 10/21/98) is charged in connection with the Murder of Shavon Ross a 16 year old female and Attempted Murder of Keijuan Scott on November 29, 2014 at 657 S. 24th A pre-trial conference is scheduled for February 19th, 2016 at 9:30 a.m. in Division One of Jefferson Circuit Court. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor.
Gregory Alan Mathis- 15CR2458 (Promoting Sexual Performance by a Minor [Four Counts], Criminal Attempt Promoting Sexual Performance by a Minor [Three Counts], Unlawful Use of Electronic Means to Induce a Minor to engage in Sexual or Other Prohibited Activities [Three Counts], and Possession of Matter Portraying a Sexual Performance by a Minor [Twenty- Six Counts)
- Mr. Mathis (DOB 6/29/72), is charged for his contact with underage girls via internet in June and July 2015. He is also charged for possessing pornographic material involving underage girls. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Tuesday, February 16 at 1pm in Circuit Court Division 8. Christie Foster is the prosecutor.
Christopher L. McCullum – 15CR0968 (Murder, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. McCullum (DOB 2/21/72) is charged in connection with the February 21, 2015, shooting death of Mukhtar Ahmad on I-71. A pre-trial conference is scheduled on Tuesday, February 16, 2016, at 8:30 a.m. in Division Seven of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryan Olberding is the prosecutor.
Chauncey Sellers -14CR3357 (Assault in the 3rd Degree [Two Counts], Illegal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the 1st Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Terroristic Threatening in the 3rd Degree and Disorderly Conduct in the Second Degree)
- Mr. Sellers (DOB 10/29/79) is charged in connection with the assaults of two police officers following a traffic stop on November 5, 2014. A Jury Trial is scheduled for Tuesday, February 16, 2016 in Division 3. Alex Gaddis and Stephany Hunter are the prosecutors.