From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: May 16-May 20, 2016
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Damien Lacambra – 16CR1175 (Murder)
- Mr. Lacambra (DOB 3/20/94) is charged with one count of Murder wherein he is accused of shooting his wife, Amelia Lacambra, resulting in her death. He was arraigned on May 8, 2016 in Division 8 of the Jefferson Circuit Court. His bond was reduced to $150,000 and a pretrial conference was scheduled for June 21, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. in Division 8. Adrienne Henderson is the prosecutor.
James Cook, Willard Fenner, and Pamela Price – 16CR0968 (Burglary II, Impersonating a Peace Officer, and Attempted Exploitation of an Adult Over $300)
- Mssrs. Cook (DOB 4/5/1944), Fenner (DOB 1/21/1961), and Ms. Price (DOB 8/4/1977) are charged in connection with a scheme to exploit an elderly woman, Ms. Geneva Williamson, by having one or more of the Defendants impersonate a peace officer to unlawfully gain access to the home of Ms. Williamson. A bond hearing is scheduled for Monday, May 16, 2016, at 8:45 a.m. in Division 3 of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryan Olberding is the prosecutor.
Michael Cain – 16CR1185 (2 Counts of Robbery I)
- Mr. Cain (DOB 6/17/1981) is charged in connection with the robberies of Firestone Tires at 401 E. Broadway and Long John Silver’s at 400 E. Broadway on April 27, 2016. A hearing on a defense motion to dismiss the indictment is scheduled for Monday, May 16, 2016, at 10:30 a.m. in Division 11 of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryan Olberding is the prosecutor.
Keith Mario Reed – 16CR0837 (Murder)
- Mr. Reed (DOB 4/11/1962) is charged in connection with the stabbing death of Mr. Byron Knott on March 24, 2016. The stabbing occurred in front of 2006 Garland Avenue. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Monday, May 16, 2016, at 8:30 a.m. in Division 3 of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryan Olberding is the prosecutor.
Jeffery Scott Jr – 15CR0847 (Attempted Murder and Assault in the First Degree)
- Mr. Scott (DOB 12/2/86) is charged with Attempted Murder and Assault in the First Degree for a domestic violence incident which occurred on Friday, March 20, 2015, in Jefferson Memorial Forest. Mr. Scott is alleged to have struck his girlfriend multiple times in the head with a hammer causing significant and life-threatening injuries. A Pretrial Conference has been scheduled for Tuesday, May 17, at 9:15 A.M., in Division 12. The Defendant is expected to plead guilty and waive separate sentencing. Nathan Batey is the prosecutor.
Kentrey J. Moore and Terrance V. Moore, Jr – 16CR0873 (Murder, Robbery I, Possession of a Handgun By A Convicted Felon (T. Moore only), Tampering With Physical Evidence (T. Moore only), Trafficking in Marijuana (T. Moore only)
- Defendants Kentrey J. Moore (DOB 5/18/1997) and Terrance Moore Jr (DOB 5/6/1995) are charged with Murder and Robbery in the First Degree in connection with the shooting death of Tyrone Booker, Jr on March 27th, 2016 at 331 E. Oak Street. A Pre-Trial Conference is scheduled for Wednesday, May 18th at 8:30 a.m. in Division 7 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor.
Christopher L. McCullum – 15CR0968 (Murder, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. McCullum (DOB 2/21/72) is charged in connection with the February 21, 2015, shooting death of Mukhtar Ahmad on I-71. A pre-trial conference is scheduled on Wednesday, May 18, 2016, at 8:30 a.m. in Division 7 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryan Olberding is the prosecutor.
Terrah Love – 16CR0877 (Manslaughter in the Second Degree, Persistent Felony Offender in the Second Degree)
- Ms. Love (DOB 09/22/87) is charged with Manslaughter in the Second Degree in relation to the death of her three month old child. Ms. Love allegedly became intoxicated on or about June 5, 2015 and slept with her child. At some point that night, Ms. Love allegedly rolled over on the child and smothered her to death. A Pretrial Conference has been scheduled for Thursday, May 19, at 9:30 A.M., in Division 13 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Nathan Batey is the prosecutor.