From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: June 6-June 10, 2016
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Janice L. Whiteside 16-CR-001433 (Rape in the First Degree, Sodomy in the First Degree, Rape in the Second Degree [Two Counts], Sodomy in the Second Degree [Two Counts], Rape in the Third Degree, Sodomy the Third Degree [Two Counts], Possession of Matter Portraying a Sexual Performance by a Minor, Unlawful Use of Electronic Means to Induce a Minor to Engage in Sexual or Other Prohibited Activities, Unlawful Transaction with a Minor in the Second Degree, Distribution of Obscene Matter to Minors.)
- Ms. Whiteside (DOB: 01/09/67) is charged for alleged conduct of having a sexual relationship with a minor. Her arraignment is scheduled for Monday, June 6, 2016 at 1:30 p.m. in Division 9 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Danielle Yannelli is the prosecutor.
Chad Michael Cahill –16CR1445 (Robbery in the First Degree, Criminal Attempt Murder)
- Mr. Cahill (DOB 09/27/96) is being prosecuted in connection with a May 22, 2016 Robbery and Attempted Murder. While armed with a knife, he went to Sunshine Liquors and robbed the victim of the business bank deposit and her personal belongings. The victim was closing the business for the night and was attacked from behind by the defendant as she was locking the front door of the business. The assault on the victim lasted almost 5 minutes as the defendant was attempting to force the victim back into the business. During the course of this robbery, Mr. Cahill took the victim to the ground and stabbed her approximately 15 times in the head and upper torso area. After the assault, Mr. Cahill, collected the victim’s purse, phone and bank deposit and fled the scene on foot. His arraignment is scheduled for Monday, June 6, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. in Division 9 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryane Conroy is the prosecutor.
Antwan Williams, Demetrius L Greene, Shawn L. Evans- 16CR1466 (Robbery in the First Degree [Ten Counts Greene, Nine Counts Williams, Evans One Count], Possession of Controlled Substance-Cocaine and Possession of Cocaine [Evans Only])
- Defendants: Williams (DOB 01/09/91), Greene (DOB 02/14/87), and Evans (DOB 12/23/74) are charged in connection with a series of violent armed business Robberies occurring between May 9th, 2016 and May 27th, 2016. Arraignment occurred on June 3, 2016 and a pre-trial conference is scheduled for July 22, 2016 at 10 am in Division 11 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor
William Crews, Michael Eugene Jenkins, Conrai Andre Kaballah, Tymarius Rashuan Malone, Tyjuan Romel Moody, John Robinson, III, Jody Allen Smith, Ricardo Delquan Taylor, Dashawm Lamont Wright -16CR0480 (Criminal Attempt Murder, Assault in the First Degree, Sodomy in the First Degree, and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree [Crews, Jenkins, Kaballah, Moody, Smith, and Taylor]
- Defendants: Crews (DOB 06/02/80), Jenkins (DOB 05/02/85), Kaballah, Jr (DOB 02/01/90), Malone (DOB 05/26/94), Moody (DOB 05/29/89), Robinson III (DOB 03/29/95), Smith (DOB 05/31/92), Taylor (11/18/87), Wright (DOB 10/23/91) are charged with the November 13, 2014 assault of Cedric Weaver who was an inmate at Louisville Metro Department of Corrections at the time of the assault. A Pre-Trial conference is scheduled for June 8, 2016 at 8:30 a.m. in Division One of the Jefferson Circuit Court. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor
Wesley Gatlin – 15CR0434 (Robbery in the First Degree, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Gatlin (DOB 10/03/87) is charged with the January 11, 2015, robbery of the Rite Aid located at 8014 Bardstown Road, during which he entered the secured pharmacy area and forced the employee to give him pills. A trial is scheduled to begin on Monday, June 6, 2016, at 9:30 a.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Jennifer Murzyn Yancey is the prosecutor.
Cleosey Henderson – 11CR3874 (Criminal Attempt to Commit Murder, Assault in the First Degree, Sexual Abuse in the First Degree, Unlawful Imprisonment in the First Degree, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree.)
- Mr. Henderson (DOB 08/21/65) is charged with multiple offenses against a female victim. They occurred on Nov 8, 2011 on Garrison Court. Jury trial is scheduled to begin on Monday, June 6 at 10:00 a.m. in Division 1 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Kristi Gray is the prosecutor.