From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: September 26-September 30, 2016
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS (Past week)
Quinton Huddleston – 14CR1620 (Murder, Criminal Attempt Murder, Burglary I, Wanton Endangerment I, and Violation of Protective Order)
- On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 a jury in Division 7 of Jefferson Circuit Court convicted Huddleston on all counts and recommended a life sentence without the possibility of parole. Huddleston had been charged in connection with the June 16, 2014 shooting of his estranged girlfriend, Tanisha Gordon, and the shooting death of her brother, Josh Gordon. Christie Foster and Danielle Yannelli were the prosecutors. Sentencing is scheduled for November 9, 2016 at 8:30 a.m.
Marcus Shane Hass – 15CR2567 (Sexual Abuse in the First Degree)
- On Thursday, September 22, 2016 a jury in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court found the defendant guilty of Sexual Abuse in the First Degree and today recommended a sentence of five years. This case arose out of disclosure by an 8-year-old victim to relatives that the defendant had touched her. Alicia Gomez and Nathan Batey were the prosecutors. Sentencing is scheduled for November 7, 2016 at 9:00 a.m.
Dojuan Jefferson – 15CR0772 & 16CR1192 (Murder, Attempted Murder, Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon, Persistent Felony Offender in the Second Degree)
- Following a week-long trial, a jury in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court is currently deliberating on the charges against Mr. Jefferson. He is being tried in connection with the October 20, 2014, shooting in the 1100 block of Fisk Court of victims, D’juan Suan Smith and Devante T. Harris. Critt Cunningham and Elizabeth Jones Brown are the prosecutors.
Lamontrez Deshawn Jackson – 16CR2530 (Murder, Robbery I, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Jackson (DOB 5/15/92) is charged with the September 12, 2016, robbery of Anthony Harris at 302 S. Clay Street that led to Mr. Harris firing a gun at the fleeing perpetrators, killing Jackson’s companion Mariah Wilson. Because Mr. Jackson disregarded a substantial and unjustifiable risk that someone could get killed during this robbery, he is charged with Ms. Wilson’s murder. (Mr. Harris is charged for his involvement under a separate indictment.) The Jefferson County grand jury returned an indictment on September 22. There is currently a warrant for Mr. Jackson’s arrest under this indictment. Arraignment is scheduled for Monday, September 26, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. in Division 12 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Elizabeth Jones Brown is the prosecutor.
Jimmy Jackson III – 16CR2537 (Rape in the First Degree (4 counts), Sodomy in the First Degree (4 counts), Robbery in the First Degree (4 counts), Kidnapping (2 counts) Unlawful Imprisonment in the First Degree)
- Mr. Jackson (DOB 06/02/1995) is charged in connection with the rape, sodomy, and robbery of four women between September 6, 2016 and September 8, 2016. An investigation revealed that the defendant met each of the victims through Backpage and on two occasions acted with an unknown accomplice. The defendant was arraigned on September 23, 2016. A Pretrial Conference and Bond Hearing is scheduled for November 21, 2016 at 8:30 in Division 7 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Emily Cecil is the prosecutor.
Anthony Ray Harris – 16CR2531 (Murder)
- Mr. Harris (5/28/1993) is charged in connection with the September 12, 2016 shooting death of Mariah Wilson in the 300 block of South Clay Street following an altercation related to a drug transaction. The defendant is scheduled to be arraigned on Monday, September 26, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. in Division 12 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Mauricus Lofton is the prosecutor.