From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
PDF download of this document
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: January 9, 2017 – January 13, 2017
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
James A. Robards – 17CR0023 (Murder, Violation of a Protective Order)
- Mr. Robards (12/10/62) is charged with the December 23, 2016 death of his former girlfriend, Angelia Thomas. Neighbors reported hearing the defendant and Ms. Thomas argue and her cry for help in the victim’s apartment that night. The defendant confessed to being in Ms. Thomas’s apartment that night, that they had been in an argument, and that it had gotten violent. After the night of the altercation, Ms. Thomas was not seen again for several days until a friend who had not heard from her became concerned. The friend looked through Ms. Thomas’s mail slot and discovered her deceased on her couch. Mr. Robard’s arraignment on these charges is scheduled for January 9, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. in Division 13 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Nathan Ray Batey II is the prosecutor.
Terrell Lee Montgomery – 17CR0010 (Criminal Attempt Murder, Assault in the First Degree, Theft by Unlawful Taking over $500, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Montgomery (DOB 03/19/75) is charged with the Attempted Murder and Assault of the victim with a knife. The victim was watching his girlfriend’s grandchildren open their Christmas gifts when Mr. Montgomery retrieved a butcher knife from the kitchen, lunged at the victim, grabbed his left shoulder, and plunged the knife into his lower back. The victim recalls that Mr. Montgomery stated that he was going to kill him. When a witness intervened, the defendant fled the residence with the knife and unlawfully took possession of a vehicle as his getaway car. Mr. Montgomery’s arraignment on these charges is scheduled for January 9, 2017 at 2:30 p.m. in Division 11 of Jefferson Circuit Court.
Booker T. Bradley – 16CR3214 (Assault in the First Degree)
- Mr. Bradley (DOB 07/22/46) is charged with the assault of a victim on October 3, 2016. Mr. Bradley attacked the victim from behind with a knife, causing multiple cuts to his back which required more than 200 stitches. Prior to the stabbing of the victim, the defendant struck a second victim over the head with a pistol. A pretrial conference is scheduled for January 13, 2017 at 9:45 a.m. in Division 5 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Milja Zgonjanin is the prosecutor.
Cody Tyler Basham – 16CR2917 (Robbery in the First Degree [4 Counts], Receiving Stolen Property over $10,000)
- Mr. Basham (DOB 01/25/97) and his juvenile co-defendant are charged with four business robberies occurring between April 24, 2016 and April 25, 2016. The defendants entered three gas stations and a Family Dollar where they displayed a handgun and took business cash and merchandise. After the robberies, the stolen getaway vehicle crashed on Greenbelt highway. Mr. Basham fled into a wooded area and was apprehended by police. A pretrial conference is scheduled for January 12, 2017 at 9:15 a.m. in Division 5 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Milja Zgonjanin is the prosecutor.
Barry Glenn Morris and Anu White – 14CR3257 (Murder, Robbery in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Morris (DOB 01/21/99) and Mr. White (DOB 07/27/96) are charged with the murder and robbery of taxicab driver Mr. Papa Thiam on November 17, 2014. Two other co-defendants, Mr. Lewis (DOB 5/31/98) and Mr. Lovings (DOB 09/09/97), previously entered guilty pleas to Facilitation to Murder and Facilitation to Robbery I and agreed to testify. A trial is scheduled to begin December 12 at 1:00 p.m. in Division Five of Jefferson Circuit Court. Elizabeth Jones Brown and Justin Janes are the prosecutors.
Jesse L. Haigler – 15CR3028 (Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Assault in the First Degree (Domestic Violence))
- Mr. Haigler (DOB 06/30/77) is charged as a result of an altercation between he and his former boyfriend on September 17, 2015. On that date, the two were engaged in a verbal argument in the parking lot of the Hilton Garden Hotel. The defendant took the victim’s keys from him and got into his own car. In an effort to stop the defendant from leaving, the victim climbed onto the roof of Mr. Haigler’s car and stuck his hand through the open window. Mr. Haigler rolled up the window on the victim’s hand and drove out of the parking lot, dragging the victim from Crittenden Drive, onto I-65, speeding to the Muhammad Ali exit, and then onto 2nd Street where he rolled down the window just before making a sharp turn onto Chestnut Street, throwing the victim from the car and onto the pavement. A trial is scheduled to begin December 9 at 11:00 a.m. in Division Four of Jefferson Circuit Court. Danielle Yannelli is the prosecutor.
Pamela Johnson and James Johnson – 15CR1913 (Criminal Abuse in the First Degree [Pamela Johnson only], Criminal Abuse in the Second Degree)
- Mrs. Johnson (DOB 11/08/66) and Mr. Johnson (DOB 12/05/56) are the grandparents of the 8 year old victim. Mrs. Johnson stomped on the victim’s foot, breaking it, in retaliation for stepping on a dog’s foot. Aware of the incident, Mr. Johnson along with Mrs. Johnson had custody of the victim and failed to seek any medical care for the child who was unable to walk on the swollen, bruised foot. A trial is scheduled to begin on January 10, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Nathan Ray Batey II is the prosecutor.
Gabriel Kidd and Jeremy Hart – 16CR0284 (Robbery in the First Degree)
- Mr. Kidd (DOB 01/24/84) and Mr. Hart (DOB 11/17/83) are charged with the robbery of the Speedway located at 4239 Poplar Level Road on January 23, 2016. Mr. Kidd entered the business with a hooded sweatshirt covering his head and armed with a handgun where he demanded and received business cash. Mr. Hart acted as the getaway driver in a red pickup truck parked outside the gas station. Both defendants were apprehended minutes later when they entered the Speedway located at 122 Poplar Level Road wearing the same clothing and in the same vehicle. A trial began on January 6, 2017 and will continue the week of January 9, 2017 in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Emily Lantz is the prosecutor.