From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: March 20, 2017 – March 24, 2017
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Raymone Vashawn Neal – 17CR0735 (Robbery in the First Degree)
- Mr. Neal (DOB 10/14/76) is charged with the Robbery of the Rodeway Inn located at 571 Phillips Lane on February 27, 2017. The defendant entered the business and presented the clerk with a note demanding business cash and placed his hand in his pocket as if he was armed with a handgun. The defendant fled with the business cash and was later identified through verbal descriptions and surveillance videos indicating the defendant had a specific facial scar. Mr. Neal will be arraigned on this charge, as well as Violation of a Protective Order, on Monday, March 20, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Mauricus Lofton is the prosecutor.
Dustin Dwayne Nelson – 17CR0704 (Burglary in the Second Degree, Receiving Stolen Property over $500, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Theft by Unlawful Taking over $500)
- On August 18, 2016, Mr. Nelson (DOB 02/09/86) unlawfully entered the victim’s home by force and took property valued over $500 including electronics and a sealed box which contained the remains of the victim’s deceased dog. The defendant later informed the victim that he would return remains of his dog if the victim were to wire him $1,000. At a later date, Mr. Nelson pulled up in a car outside the victim’s home and threated the victim verbally and by shooting a gun into the air. The defendant is scheduled to be arraigned on the above charges on Monday, March 20, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Madison Shoffner is the prosecutor.
Tyreesha Rickman –16CR3165 (Obtaining or Attempting to Obtain a Controlled Substance by Fraud or Deceit Complicity)
- Ms. Rickman (DOB 07/12/92) received a prescription for 28 Hydrocodone tablets, commonly referred to by their street name, “Watsons.” When the prescription was presented to the pharmacy, it had been altered to read 48. Ms. Rickman was not authorized to alter the prescription. Ms. Rickman gave a taped, mirandized statement admitting to attempting to pick up the altered prescription. The defendant is scheduled for pre-trial conference on Friday, March 24, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Phil Bronson is the prosecutor.
Ricky Lewis Kelly – 14CR2146 (Murder)
- Mr. Kelly (DOB 11/18/70) is charged with killing Mr. Lajuante Jackson in August of 2005. A hearing on the defendant’s motion to exclude the death penalty due to intellectual disability is scheduled for March 24, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Elizabeth Jones Brown and Justin Janes are the prosecutors.
William Mattingly– 15CR3102 (Murder, Criminal Attempt Murder, Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Mattingly (DOB 05/09/75) is charged in connection with the November 13, 2015, strangulation death of Thomas Grismer in a hotel room at the Red Roof Inn located at 4704 Preston Highway. A hearing concerning a pending motion to suppress is scheduled on Monday, March 20, 2017, at 10:00 a.m. in Division 9 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Stacy Greive and Chris Foster are the prosecutors.
Brent Michael Watson, 14CR0797 (Sexual Abuse in the First Degree)
- Mr. Watson (DOB 11/06/94) is charged with Sexual Abuse in the First Degree. Mr. Watson is charged with having sexual contact with the victim. The victim was nine years of age at the time. A Trial is scheduled to begin on Monday, March 20, 2017, at 9:30 a.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Alicia Gomez is the prosecutor.