From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: April 3, 2017 – April 14, 2017
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Malisa Cruz – 17CR0870 (Sexual Abuse in the First Degree [Five Counts], Sodomy in the Third Degree [Two Counts])
- Ms. Cruz (DOB 01/10/92) was the assistant basketball coach at Mercy Academy. While being the assistant basketball coach, Ms. Cruz is charges with having an inappropriate relationship with one of the players on her team. The Defendant was arraigned on March 30, 2017. Her bond is currently set at $5,000 full cash. A pretrial conference is scheduled for July 19, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Danielle Yannelli is the prosecutor.
Mary Collins, Carl Stanley, Alexander Williamson, Elizabeth Williamson, Lawrence Williamson, Lillie Williamson, Thomas Williamson – 17CR0894 (Robbery in the First Degree [A. Williamson], Burglary in the First Degree (A. Williamson), Burglary in the Second Degree [Multiple Counts – Stanley, A. Williamson, T. Williamson; One Count – Lawrence Williamson], Unlawful Transaction with a Minor in the Second Degree [Two Counts] [A. Williamson], Knowing Exploitation of an Adult Over $300 [Multiple Counts – Stanley, A. Williamson, T. Williamson; One Count – E. Williamson, Lawrence Williamson, Lillie Williamson], Receiving Stolen Property Over $10,000 [Collins], Receiving Stolen Property Over $500 [E. Williamson, Lillie Williamson], Theft By Deception Over $500 [Stanley, A. Williamson, T. Williamson], Theft of Identity [A. Williamson] Tampering With Physical Evidence [Stanley], Illegal Possession of Heroin [Stanley]
- The above Defendants are charged in connection with multiple instances of exploiting elderly victims for offenses occurring from September 2016 through January 2017 by several of the above Defendants representing themselves as driveway repairmen/contractors to gain access to the residences of the victims. The Defendants would then steal money or property from the victims through deception, intimidation, and/or intentionally failing to perform promised work. Arraignment is scheduled for Monday, April 3, 2017, at 10:00 a.m. in Division 4 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryan Olberding is the prosecutor.
Malcolm Madry – 16CR1816 (Robbery in the First Degree [Two Counts], Robbery in the Second Degree, Trafficking in a Controlled Substance within 1000 Feet of a School)
- Mr. Madry (DOB 08/23/90) is charged with robbing multiple banks from May 6, 2016 to June 10, 2016. The defendant approached the tellers and produced notes indicating that he was armed. On June 29, 2016, at the time of his arrest, the defendant was in possession of marijuana and a concealed handgun. A pretrial conference is scheduled for April 14, 2017, at 9:00 a.m. in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Milja Zgonjanin is the prosecutor.
Jonathan Herndon – 16CR2033 (Murder, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Abuse of a Corpse)
- Mr. Herndon (DOB 06/11/68) is charged with causing the death of Ms. Constance Thomas. A pre-trial conference is set for Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 9:15 am, in Division 3 of Jefferson County Circuit. Courtney Straw is the Prosecutor.
James Morris – 15CR0411 (Murder, Criminal Attempt Murder)
- Mr. Morris (DOB 10/21/98) is charged with Murder and Criminal Attempt Murder in connection with the Murder of Shavon Ross, a 16 year old female, and Attempted Murder of another victim on November 29, 2014 at 657 S. 24th Street. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Monday April 3, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. in Division 1 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor.
Patrick C. Peterson and Lamair S. Seargent – 16CR0978 (Human Trafficking [Two Counts – Seargent; One Count – Peterson], Promoting Human Trafficking [Peterson], Trafficking in a Controlled Substance in the First Degree – Schedule I Heroine [Seargent], Persistent Felony Offender in the Second Degree [Seargent])
- Mr. Peterson (DOB 10/08/94) and Mr. Seargent (DOB 06/19/86) are charged with the human trafficking of a minor child and an adult victim. Upon arrest, officers discovered ½ ounces of heroin underneath Mr. Seargent’s testicles. A pretrial conference is scheduled for April 11, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. in Division 7 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Andrew Beckman and Courtney Straw are the prosecutors.
Raymone Neal 17CR0735 (Robbery in the First Degree, Violation of a Domestic Violence Order)
- Mr. Neal (DOB 10/14/76) is charged with the February 27, 2017 robbery of the Rodeway Inn located at 571 Phillips Ln. Mr. Neal entered the hotel, passed the desk attendant a demand note and indicated he was armed with a handgun. Mr. Neal fled with cash. On March 8, 2017 he was arrested and also found to be in violation of a KY Domestic Violence Order. A bond hearing is scheduled for April 12, 2017 at 1:15 in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Mr. Neal currently has a $50,000 bond. Mauricus Lofton is the prosecutor.
Fahed Abu-Diab, Fatima Abu-Diab, and Tyrone Thomas, 15CR1332 (Murder, Robbery in the First Degree [14 Counts])
- Mr. Abu-Diab (DOB 08/01/96), Ms. Abu-Diab (DOB 10/14/94), and Mr. Thomas (DOB 11/10/95) are charged in connection with a string of 14 robberies in the Louisville area from May 1st 2015 through May 3, 2015. During the commission of one of the robberies Scott Hunter, a Canadian citizen visiting Louisville for the Kentucky Derby, was shot and killed. Oral arguments in relation to a suppression issue are scheduled for Monday, April 10, 2017 at 1:30 p.m. in Division 4 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor.
Everet B. Baker, Amber Frances Jewell, Asia R. Jewell – 17CR0439 (Murder, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree [Two Counts])
- Mr. Baker (DOB 06/30/76), Ms. Asia Jewell (DOB 12/02/93) and Ms. Amber Jewell (DOB 08/21/94) are charged with the murder of Kara Jewell. On February 7, 2017, Defendants swung bats, threw rocks, and busted out windows of the victim’s car as she drove passed them. The victim was violently struck in the head and died from her injuries. Also in the back seat of the vehicle was an 18-month-old child. A bond hearing is scheduled for Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 9:45 a.m. in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Ebert Haegele is the prosecutor.
Kalief A. Cummings – 15CR2303, 16CR0367 (Assault in the First Degree [Two Counts], Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Cummings (DOB 12/11/69) is charged with stabbing two sisters who were visiting Louisville for a bachelorette party. The incident occurred on August 23, 2015, near Fourth and Liberty Streets. A trial is tentatively set to begin April 11, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. in Division 13 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Elizabeth Jones Brown is the prosecutor.
Sarah Stivers – 17CR0014 (Criminal Mischief in the First Degree)
- Ms. Stivers (DOB 04/19/81) is charged with damaging a parked car at Fern Creek High School on January 9, 2016. The Defendant is observed on surveillance footage around the damaged vehicle belonging to her husband’s ex-wife. A trial is scheduled to begin on April 10, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Doug Meisel is the prosecutor.
Lonzelle D. Thompson – 15CR0845 (Sodomy in the First Degree [Two Counts], Sexual Abuse in the First Degree [Two Counts])
- Mr. Thompson (DOB 12/10/88) is charged with Sodomizing and Sexually Abusing his girlfriend’s 11-year-old younger sister. On August 20, 2014, the victim reported the acts to her school counselor. A trial is scheduled to begin on April 10, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. in Division 3 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Nathan Ray Batey II is the prosecutor.
Ronald Lee Leake– 15CR2801 (Robbery in the First Degree [Three Counts], Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree)
- Mr. Leake (DOB 07/09/65) is charged in connection with a string on business robberies over a thirteen day period in 2015. On August 31, while armed with a handgun, the defendant entered the Murphy USA located at 2018 Bashford Manor Lane and demanded the business cash. On September 7, while armed with a handgun, he entered the Speedway located at 12102 Shelbyville Rd and demanded and received the business cash and then fled the scene. On September 12, he entered the Speedway located at 2210 Arthur Street and attempted to make a purchase with a counterfeit $100 bill. After the clerk determined the currency was counterfeit, Mr. Leake physically removed it from the victim, and then fled to his vehicle. The clerk attempted to get the license plate number of Mr. Leake’s vehicle when Mr. Leake pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the clerk and told her not to get any closer. The defendant has had eight prior felony cases resulting in eleven felony convictions. A jury trial is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Critt Cunningham is the prosecutor.