From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: June 5, 2017 – June 9, 2017
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Matthew Bullard – 17CR1116 (Murder, Possession of a Handgun by a Minor)
- Mr. Bullard (DOB 05/28/00) is charged with the November 10, 2016 shooting death of Le Truong in the area of West Tenny Avenue and South Fifth Street. Mr. Bullard was 16 years old at the time of the incident and the victim was 15 years old. Mr. Bullard was arrested several days later and confessed to the murder. The first Pretrial Conference is scheduled for Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 8:15 a.m. in Division 3 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Emily Lantz is the prosecutor.
Bud Thomas Jenkins Jr. – 17CR1264 (Burglary in the Third Degree [11 Counts], Criminal Possession of a Forged Prescription, Attempt to Obtain Controlled Substance by Fraud or Deceit)
- Mr. Jenkins (DOB 02/13/65) is charged with a string of Burglaries occurring from November 17, 2016 to November 28, 2016. Often caught on store surveillance, Mr. Jenkins burglarized eight different businesses, hitting several businesses multiple times, using the same means of entry. A pretrial conference is scheduled for June 8, 2017 at 9:45 a.m. in Division 5 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Madison Shoffner is the prosecutor.
Brandon Kraatz – 16CR2809 (Murder)
- Mr. Kraatz (DOB 10/03/96) is charged with the October 10, 2016 murder of David G. House at Deal Master Food Mart, located at 6115 Blevins Gap Road. The defendant was arrested three days later and admitted to shooting Mr. House. The incident was captured on surveillance video. A Pretrial Conference is scheduled for Wednesday June 7, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Emily Lantz and Milja Zgonjanin are the prosecutors.
Kyree Yancey – 16CR1049 (Murder, Robbery in the First Degree, Possession of a Handgun by a Minor)
- On July 29, 2015, Mr. Yancey (DOB 01/30/99) shot the victim, Garfield S. Webb, Jr., multiple times at the 700 Block of Camp Street. The defendant then robbed Mr. Webb before fleeing. Mr. Webb died as a result of his injuries. The defendant was 16 years old at the time of the incident. He was apprehended by law enforcement in Amarillo, TX on February 10, 2016. A final Pretrial Conference is scheduled for June 9, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Emily Lantz is the prosecutor.
James Johnson and Pamela Johnson – 15CR1913 (Criminal Abuse in the First Degree – Child less than 12 Years Old [Pamela Johnson only], Criminal Abuse in the Second Degree – Child less than 12 Years Old)
- Mr. Johnson (DOB 12/05/56) and Mrs. Johnson (DOB 11/08/66) are charged with the abuse of their 8 year old grandson. The victim was injured after Mrs. Johnson stomped on his leg after he stepped on their dog’s foot. The victim’s foot was swollen, bruised, and caused him to limp for several days before defendants would seek medical treatment for him. The trauma resulted in a broken foot for the victim. A jury trial is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Nathan Ray Batey II is the prosecutor.