From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: August 7, 2017 – August 11, 2017
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Quenton Elder III and D’Montai Lapradd – 17CR1461 (Complicity to: Murder, Robbery in the First Degree, Fleeing or Evading Police in the First Degree, and Criminal Mischief in the First Degree)
- Mr. Elder (DOB 12/10/00) and Mr. Lapradd (DOB 5/18/99) are charged in connection with a Derby Day carjacking. On March 6, 2017, the defendants and Demarcus D. Everett ordered a single female victim out of her vehicle at gun point in a parking lot off 211 Oak Street. Three individuals got into her vehicle. Within minutes, the stolen vehicle was spotted by the police. The vehicle fled from police at a high rate of speed; the vehicle went off-road, traversing the University of Louisville Campus grounds where it collided with a pole at 3800 block of Third Street. All three individuals were ejected from the stolen car, killing Everett, and injuring Elder and Lapradd. In September, a hearing will be held to litigate a defense motion to remand the homicide charges to juvenile court. A bond hearing is set for Wednesday August 9, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. in Division 9 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Critt Cunningham is the prosecutor.
Tiffany James– 17CR1937 (Murder)
- Ms. James (DOB 03/17/98) is charged in connection with the June 26, 2017 stabbing death of a 14 year old girl at the Speedway in Portland. A bond hearing is scheduled to take place on Monday, August 7, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. in Division 8 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Stacy Greive is the prosecutor.
James N. Mallory – 12CR1317 (Murder [Capital], Burglary in the First Degree)
- Mr. Mallory (DOB 09/05/82) is charged with the April 11, 2012 Murder of 15 year old Gregory Holt. A pretrial conference is scheduled for August 7, 2017 at 10:15 a.m. in Division 12 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryane Conroy is the prosecutor.
Tristan Jewell and Devonta Anderson – 17CR0503 (Murder, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree)
- Mr. Jewell (DOB 11/06/95) and Mr. Anderson (DOB 10/04/93) are charged with the February 14, 2017 shooting death of Mr. Joshua Evans. Mr. Evans and another victim were walking home in the 1500 block of Longview Avenue when defendants opened fire, killing Mr. Evans but missing another. A pretrial conference is scheduled for August 9, 2017 at 9:45 a.m. in Division 10 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Madison Shoffner is the prosecutor.
Jonathan Detwiler – 17CR1480 (Robbery in the First Degree [Four Counts], Burglary in the First Degree, Fleeing or Evading Police in the First Degree, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Theft By Unlawful Taking under $500, Illegal Use or Possession of Drug Paraphernalia)
- Mr. Detwiler (DOB 03/25/84) is charged in connection with a string of robberies occurring on May 16, 2017 in St. Matthews. A pretrial conference is scheduled for August 7, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 3 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Milja Zgonjanin is the prosecutor.
Tyshawn Walker – 17CR0550 (Trafficking in a Controlled Substance in the First Degree [Cocaine][Four Grams or More], Illegal Possession of a Drug Paraphernalia)
- Mr. Walker (DOB 09/28/93) is charged with trafficking approximately two (2) kilos of cocaine on February 23rd, 2017. The defendant was stopped in Louisville as he was transporting the narcotics from Houston, Texas to Buffalo, New York. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for August 9th, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 12 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Frank Dahl is the prosecutor.
Antonio D. Mitchell, Vontre T. Murphy, and Dajohn M. Roberts – 17CR1650 (Robbery in the First Degree [5 Counts Murphy and Roberts] [4 Counts Mitchell])
- Mr. Mitchell (DOB 03/29/96), Mr. Murphy (DOB 03/18/97), and Mr. Roberts (DOB 08/04/96) are charged in connection to a string of robberies occurring between May 18, 2017 and May 29, 2017. A pretrial conference is scheduled for August 10, 2017 at 1:15 p.m. in Division 5 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Madison Shoffner is the prosecutor.
Christopher L. McCullum – 15CR0968 (Murder, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. McCullum (DOB 02/21/72) is charged in connection with the February 21, 2015, shooting death of Mukhtar Ahmad on I-71. A trial is ongoing in Division 7 of Jefferson Circuit Court and will continue on Monday, August 7th, 2017. Ryan Olberding and Doug Meisel are the prosecutors.
Joshua L. Young – 16CR1338 (Murder, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Young (DOB 02/08/95) is charged with the shooting death of his landlord, Shane McCain on May 16, 2016. Mr. McCain went to the Defendant’s home to collect rent money when an argument ensued and the Defendant intentionally shot Mr. McCain multiple times. A jury trial is scheduled to begin on August 8, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. in Division 13 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Stacy Greive is the prosecutor.
Angelo Cross – 13CR1996 (Murder, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Cross (DOB 06/12/87) is charged with the Murder of Steven Bledsoe that occurred on July 15, 2013 at 3036 Greenwood Avenue. A trial is scheduled to begin on August 7, 2017 at 1:30 p.m. in Division 11 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Shelly Alvey is the prosecutor.