From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Weekly Media Release: September 5, 2017 – September 8, 2017
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Keith Mario Reed, 16CR0837 (Murder)
- Mr. Reed (DOB 04/11/62) was convicted of the stabbing death of Mr. Byron Knott on March 24, 2016. The stabbing occurred in front of 2006 Garland Avenue. A trial began on August 28, 2017, in Division 3 of Jefferson Circuit Court and the Defendant was found guilty of Reckless Homicide and Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree on August 31, 2017. The jury recommended a sentence of 2 years on the charge of Reckless Homicide enhanced to 15 years due to the Defendant being found guilty of the charge of Persistent Felony Offender in the First Degree. Final sentencing is scheduled for Thursday, October 19, 2017, at 9:00 a.m. in Division Three of Jefferson Circuit Court. Ryan Olberding and Peter Lovett are the prosecutors.
Cane Madden – 17CR1715 (Assault in the Second Degree, Sexual Abuse in the First Degree, Terroristic Threatening in the Third Degree)
- Mr. Madden (DOB 08/29/89) is charged with several crimes stemming from an incident that occurred on June 9, 2017. Mr. Madden digitally penetrated the victim and then bit the victim above her eye, removing a large chunk of flesh from her face. During an interview with police, Mr. Madden admitted to the assault and threatened to kill the victim. A Pretrial conference is scheduled for September 5, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Emily Lantz is the prosecutor.
Quenton Se’ville Hall – 17CR0361 (Murder)
- Mr. Hall (DOB 02/19/82) is charged with the shooting death of Mr. Fernandez Bowman that occurred on December 2, 2016 in the area of 25th and Burwell streets. A pretrial conference is scheduled for September 6, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Milja Zgonjanin is the prosecutor.
Quenton Se’ville Hall – 17CR0893 (Murder, Robbery I, Tampering With Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Hall (DOB 02/19/82) is charged with the robbery and death of Mr. Troy Todd that occurred on December 12, 2004 on Marret Avenue. A pretrial conference is scheduled for September 6, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Milja Zgonjanin is the prosecutor.
Brandon Oldham and Juan Lloyd -15CR1647 (Murder, Robbery in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Oldham (DOB 01/18/85) and Mr. Lloyd (DOB 01/13/87) are charged with the Murder of Eddie Vinson on June 7, 2015. Mr. Vinson was beaten, his body doused in lighter fluid, and set on fire. A suppression hearing is scheduled for September 8, 2017 in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Doug Meisel is the prosecutor.
Jimmy Jackson III – 16CR2537 (Rape in the First Degree [4 counts], Sodomy in the First Degree [4 counts], Robbery in the First Degree [4 counts], Unlawful Imprisonment in the First Degree)
- Mr. Jackson (DOB 06/02/95) is charged in connection with the rape, sodomy, and robbery of four women between September 6, 2016 and September 8, 2016. An investigation revealed that on two occasions, the defendant acted with an unknown accomplice. Mr. Jackson is scheduled to enter a plea of guilty on September 7, 2017 at 8:30 in Division 7 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Emily Lantz is the prosecutor.