From the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. Please see our Media Releases page at louisvilleprosecutor.com/media-releases for more details and archives.
OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
30th JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
THOMAS B. WINE, COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY
Media Release: August 13 – August 17, 2018
Attention: Assignment Editor
Director of Communications: Jeff Cooke
Office: (502) 595-2340 Ext. 3027
Cell / Text: (502) 262-5809
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Office of Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change.
According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01), the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place within a reasonable time after the return of an indictment. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, then please contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.
Travon Curry and Thaddius Thomas – 18CR0059 (Murder, Robbery in the First Degree, Receiving Stolen Property over $10,000, Wanton Endangerment in the First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence [Thomas], Possession of a Handgun by a Minor)
- Mr. Curry (DOB 12/03/01) and Mr. Thomas (DOB 11/17/01) are charged with robbing and killing Jason Spencer on November 5, 2017 in the 1200 block of Everett Avenue. Both defendants were 15 years old at the time of the incident. A third co-defendant, who was also 15 years old, is pending presentment to the Grand Jury. A fourth co-defendant, who was 13 years old and the getaway driver of the stolen vehicle, cannot be tried as an adult and has resolved in Juvenile Court. A pretrial conference is scheduled for August 13, 2018 at 9:15 a.m. in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Emily Lantz is the prosecutor.
James Mallory, Anthony L. Hogan Jr., and Cannon Pendegrass – 12CR1317 (Murder, Burglary in the First Degree)
- Mr. Mallory (DOB 09/05/82), Mr. Hogan, (DOB 06/16/93), and Mr. Pendegrass (DOB 12/14/89) are charged with the April 11, 2012 Murder of 15 year old Gregory Holt Jr. inside his home. Mr. Mallory’s case has been severed from his two co-defendants and will be tried individually. A hearing for pretrial motions in Mr. Mallory’s case is scheduled for August 17, 2018 at 10:15 a.m. in Division 12 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Dorislee Gilbert and Madison Shoffner are the prosecutors.
Marquice C. Hamilton and Brian A. Hutchings – 16CR0930 (Murder [Two Counts], Robbery in the First Degree, Trafficking in a Controlled Substance in the First Degree – Heroin, Tampering with Physical Evidence)
- Mr. Hamilton (DOB 06/15/97) and Mr. Hutchings (DOB 05/21/97) are charged with shooting and killing Jermaine Simmons and Kamal Lawson on March 31, 2016. A jury trial is scheduled to begin on August 13, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. in Division 3 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Mark Baker and Joshua F. Waldrop are the prosecutors.
Frank N. Britt Jr. – 17CR0204 (Assault in the Second Degree, Sexual Abuse in the Third Degree)
- Mr. Britt (DOB 01/14/91) is charged with the assault and sexual abuse of his former girlfriend. In the course of the assault, the defendant strangled his victim, stabbed her in the neck, and groped her breast. A jury trial began on August 6, 2018 and the jury convicted him of the above charges on August 10, 2018. The jury will hear proof and recommend a penalty beginning August 13, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. in Division 6 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Sheri Wornall is the prosecutor.
Guy Allen and Eugene Mitchell – 14CR0114 (Murder [Capital], Rape in the First Degree, Sodomy in the First Degree)
- Mr. Allen (DOB 09/13/77) and Mr. Mitchell (DOB 12/17/57) are charged with the sexual assault and murder of Sheila Devine that occurred on November 12, 2013. Jury selection is ongoing in advance of proof beginning in Division 2 of Jefferson Circuit Court. Kristi Gray and Critt Cunningham are the prosecutors.