The Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney endeavors to keep the public informed about important cases that are currently proceeding through the criminal justice system. To that end, on a weekly basis a media release is issued by this office regarding upcoming cases of interest. The choice to release information about a case is based on the interest of community or the local media for information in a particular case.
If you would like to receive the Media Releases, or any of our other types of releases, please make your selection on our e-mail subscription form, or subscribe via RSS. Older releases can be found on the Archive page.
- JOHN FITZGERALD JOHNSON aka “Grand Master Jay” INDICTED ON WANTON ENDANGERMENT CHARGES
- Guilty verdicts in 2019 Seneca golf course crash
- Criminal trials resuming in Jefferson Circuit Court
- Father and son convicted of sexual assaults on three minor female relatives left in their care
- A statement from Commonwealth’s Attorney Tom Wine regarding the review of the investigation into the death of David McAtee
NOTE: These represent only a few of the many cases which the Jefferson County Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney is handling. If you have any comments, or need further information concerning these or any other matters please do not hesitate to call. An indictment is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until or unless found guilty. The enclosed court actions are subject to change. According to the Rules of Criminal Procedure (RCr 3.02, 3.05, and 8.01) the arraignment of individuals whose case has been submitted directly to the grand jury shall take place as reasonably soon as possible. If you are interested in a case that has been submitted directly to the grand jury, you must contact the court division in which it has been assigned to obtain the time and date of the arraignment.